CSEP Certified Member Award
Terms of Reference
The CSEP Professional Standards Committee will recognize the outstanding research and/or work conducted by its certified members: CSEP Certified Personal Trainers® (CSEP-CPT) and CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologists® (CSEP-CEP). The research and/or work will contribute directly to the health and fitness related industry. The CSEP Certified Member Award competition takes place annually in conjunction with the CSEP Annual General Meeting (AGM).
A list of previous recipients can be found here.
To be eligible, a candidate must have been a CSEP-certified member in good standing at the time of application and be first author on an abstract submitted for oral presentation at that year's AGM.
An application consists of the following:
- A standard abstract formatted in accordance with the AGM submission guidelines.
- Declaration that the abstract is to be considered for the CSEP Certified Member Award. Choose this option to identify that you wish to be considered for this award when you submit your abstract.
- A two-page (~600 word) outline by the certified member that describes their research/work in more detail. The outline should explain the rationale for the work, purpose and/or hypothesis, research design, results, discussion that highlights the significance of the work, applicability to the health and fitness industry, potential contributions to the CSEP resources and key references.
- A one page (~300 word) letter from one of the following that can attest to the research undertaken: the research supervisor, employee supervisor, or another CSEP certified member. The letter should outline the role and contribution by the applicant to the research/work.
- Deadline for all materials: see the CSEP conference website.
The Evaluation Committee (or designates) will review the applications received by the submission deadline, which shall be the same date as the AGM abstract submission deadline. The evaluation committee of four will be chaired by Vice Chair Professional Standards, along with either the Director CEP or Director CPT, and one CSEP member. The committee will select up to four finalists, who will be informed at least one month prior to the AGM. CSEP Certified Member Award finalists shall present their abstract in a scheduled free communication session focusing on fitness/health/physical activity. Winners will be announced during the AGM Awards Ceremony.
The award winner shall receive a framed certificate and an honorarium ($500) to assist with travel expenses associated with the AGM. Runners-up shall receive a certificate and an honorarium ($250) to assist with travel expenses associated with the AGM.
Updated February 2015