Get Certified by CSEP!
Whether it's CSEP Certified Personal Trainer® or CSEP Certified Exercise Physiologist®, a CSEP certification is a key sign to your clients and employers that you are a qualified professional who is dedicated to delivering the highest level of service. This is just one of the many benefits that a CSEP certification offers you and your clients.
All CSEP-certified members have a college or university background in health and fitness, including knowledge of the CSEP-PATH. Being certified makes a wide variety of career options available. CSEP certifications are comparable to those provided in the U.S. by the American College of Sport Medicine.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help with your application.
Submit the following documents to CSEP:
- Your college/university transcripts (to ensure you meet all the necessary core competency areas)
- A completed Application Form with payment
- Pre-requisites of certification
It is recommended that you take a workshop before taking the Theory and Practical exams. Exams must be completed within 6 months of submitting your application.
Workshops are scheduled on an as-needed basis based on demand from applications. Some workshops are also scheduled in advance, click the links below for upcoming dates, or contact email@example.com to find a workshop near you.
Once your application has been accepted, you will be sent a registration code to take the theory (written) exam at a Pearson VUE Test Centre located near you.
Practical exams are scheduled on an as-needed basis based on demand from applications. Some workshops are also scheduled in advance, click the links below for upcoming dates, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find an exam near you.
Once you have passed the exams, you are eligible to register for your CSEP certification! Submit the New Member Registratration Form with the required documentation, including your annual certification fee.
In order to maintain your certification, your Professional Liability Insurance and Commercial General Liablity Insurance coverage, you must:
- Renew your certification by March 31* of each year
- Keep your CPR current (i.e., recertify CPR ‘C’ every year)
- Submit 30 professional development credits (PDC) every two years (see the PDC chart). Members are encouraged to select quality professional development opportunities that will enhance their knowledge and expertise in the areas of health-related fitness applications for both apparently healthy populations. Please contact us if you are not sure about your next required PDC submission date.
If you change your address or contact information, we highly recommend updating your profile in the CSEP Online Member Directory.
*If you do not renew by March 31, your profesisonal liability insurance coverage will be suspended, including for claims regarding incidents which took place prior to March 31, until you renew or until you purchase continuation coverage. If you let your certification lapse for more than 9 months (i.e. if you do not renew by December 31 of the year your membership expired), you will forfeit your certification and it wll be necessary to re-apply and re-take the examinations.
Renewals for 2014-2015 are now open. Click here.