CSEP Student Travel Award
Introduced in 2018, the Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology Student Travel Award is to provide financial aid for students to attend the general annual meeting (AGM)
- Applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student at time of application (verification of enrollment required).
- Applicant must be a CSEP member at time of application for award and at the time of the AGM.
- Student must be submitting an abstract to the AGM and include with this application. As first author.
- Priority will be given to CSEP student member whose supervisor is also a CSEP member.
- Can hold with other awards.
- Students submitting for late-breaking abstracts are not eligible for this award.
- In addition to the abstract to be presented at the AGM the applicant must include a personal statement (~500 words) outlining A) the importance of the research being presented and B) how this aligns with the mission of CSEP (http://www.csep.ca/en/about-csep/about-the-canadian-society-for-exercise-physiology)
- The primary academic advisor is to include a 1 page, signed statement of contribution outlining the student’s role in all aspects of the investigation including rationale for financial need.
- The deadline for submission is the same date as the regular abstract submission (July 1, 2018).
Priority will be given to applicants who can demonstrate a financial need stated by the primary advisor in their letter. Financial need assessment will be based on A) geographical need, B) funding status of home laboratory. Student can indicate other financial needs in their personal statement.
- The Membership Services Committee will adjudicate the travel grant submissions and will defer to the local organizing committee for abstract approval.
- Awards will consist of $500 and student registration at the AGM. The number of awards will depend on finances available.
Please send applications to the Director of Member Services